Rain and Snow in the Forecast for the Weekend

NewsLink Indiana Weather

During the day today we saw beautiful sunny skies and a breeze throughout the day, it was truly a spring day. As we have made our way into the evening we have seen high-level clouds move in ahead of the next low pressure system that is going to move through the southern Ohio River valley region from the southwest, but will have some effect on the weather we see here. Tomorrow there is the chance for some rain/snow mix early on in the day, turning to mainly a rain chance later in the day. Sunday the sunshine will return. Unfortunately throughout the weekend temperatures are going to be cooler than what they have been as we will only make it to the lower 40s. Monday and Tuesday we will see more sunshine in our forecast and high temperatures will once again making their way up to more spring like temperatures. Wednesday and Thursday are our next chances for rain as a low pressure system begins to work it's way through our area. Thursday during the day there is the chance for an isolated thunderstorm throughout the area, and late Thursday evening and into Friday is looking like the best chance for heavy precipitation. That heavy precip is likely to persist throughout Friday, possibly changing to snow overnight on Friday before moving our of our area Saturday morning. For you weather updates, follow us on twitter @NLIWeather