Hookah coming to Two Cats Café soon

<p>Two Cat's Café in the Village is working to create a hookah den for customers Owner Casam Helwani is waiting for the weather to warm up to start construction for the den. <em>DN FILE PHOTO SAMANTHA BRAMMER</em></p>

Two Cat's Café in the Village is working to create a hookah den for customers Owner Casam Helwani is waiting for the weather to warm up to start construction for the den. DN FILE PHOTO SAMANTHA BRAMMER

The new Two Cats Café in The Village should have hookah available for customers around the first week of April. 

Basam Helwani, the owner of Two Cats, has been waiting for the weather to warm up, and he plans to do some modifications to the building and landscaping on the front patio.

The hookah den, an indoor area at the front part of Two Cats, will be undergoing changes due to a county ordinance that prohibits smoking in a room with a floor, ceiling and four walls.

“We are taking these windows out and transforming this space into a outdoor seating place," Helwani said. "I’m taking one wall out, so this becomes an outdoor area and we will have people sit here and smoke, or they can smoke outside on the patio."

Helwani plans to put up a tent on the front patio, and once the patio is open, the menu will also be updated.

Two Cats will have custom flavors of hookah, and possibly fruit heads (where tobacco is put into a fruit and is smoked). 

“I’m thinking about [fruit heads] because we have smoothies here, so maybe we will use our fruits from the smoothies," he said. "All of our smoothies are fresh so we can make them from our fresh fruit."

Helwani said he thinks the hookah will be popular in the area, referencing the number of daily calls asking about it.

“Since we opened two months ago, we have been getting two or three calls every day about the hookah," he said.