7 things to do in Muncie over Spring Break

<p>The National Model Aviation Museum.&nbsp;</p><p><em>DN FILE PHOTO BREANNA DAUGHERTY</em></p>

The National Model Aviation Museum. 

DN FILE PHOTO BREANNA DAUGHERTY

For many Ball State students not traveling for Spring Break, there aren’t any warm and sandy beaches in the near future. Thankfully, here in Muncie, there are some things students can do to get that relaxing Spring Break all Cardinals deserve.

If it’s the beach you’re after, there are places in Muncie you can go that will make you feel like you’re in paradise: 

Go for a swim 

Swimming at Ball Gym, Lewellen Pool or a local YMCA can give you the feeling of relaxing in the warm ocean water. You may not have the sand between your toes, but you’ll still get some exercise and a refreshing dip. (Remember to check the pool hours for Ball State).

Shop for souvenirs 

Even though you won’t find tie-dyed Daytona Beach shirts or ocean-themed shot glasses, you can still get some souvenirs for your friends who haven’t had the pleasure of vacationing in marvelous Muncie. Stop by T.I.S., the bookstore in the Atrium or even your local Walmart.

Netflix beach party

Gather your friends, break out the leis and the hula skirts and have a movie marathon of beach-themed movies. If you’re over 21, you can make some piña coladas and kick back. It’s better than a party on the beach because there’s no sand to clean up.

If you’re just looking for stuff to do during Spring Break here in Middletown Muncie, here are a couple fun things to do that won’t break the bank.

The National Model Aviation Museum

It’s totally free, unless you want to buy something at their gift shop. This museum is home to thousands of model airplanes and is one of the most well-known museums of its kind.

Downtown Muncie

There are numerous stores and shops downtown that are just begging to be explored. There are events such as Pints & Paints at the Fickle Peach on March 10, unique restaurants like the Caffeinery and fun shops like the Toys Forever store.

Exploring Minnetrista

On a nice day, well, nice by Indiana standards, you can explore Minnetrista. There are natural areas and gardens as well as the programs, workshops and exhibits Minnetrista has to offer.

Play with puppies and kitties

ARF is constantly looking for volunteers to help with the animals. You might not get to pet a swimming dolphin this Spring Break, but you can be nuzzled by a wet dog nose — and you'll probably make those furry friends' day. 

Whether it’s in Florida on in the middle of Muncie, Spring Break can be a relaxing time for college students. Wherever you end up, hang out with friends and family, do something fun or don’t — sometimes relaxing at home can be the best break of them all.

Leaving Muncie for Spring Break? Check out these tips for your travels.