Kanye West releases trailer for his new video game

Yes, you read that right. Not only is Kanye a musician and a future presidential candidate for the 2020 elections, he’s also creating his own video game about his mom being sent to heaven.

The game is called Only One after a song he wrote about his late mother Donda West. It was revealed to his fans with an official trailer in a livestream performance on Thursday promoting his new album, The Life of Pablo, and also a new clothing line. Rather unexpectedly, he showed the trailer for his new game at the end.

When his audience of 20 million didn’t seem to react appropriately, Kanye defended his decision. “That’s not easy to do man, y’all be acting like that shit is regular."

“No you don’t understand. I go out to meet with everybody in San Fran, and they’ll diss the fuck out of me,” West continued. “And I’ll be like, ‘I wanna make a game,’ and they’ll be like, ‘fuck you.’ That was hard to do, bro.” After that, he played the trailer for the game again to make his point.

There’s really not much else that’s known about the game, including a release date, what platform it’ll be released on or how much the game will cost. What is known, however, is that Kanye is serious about this game and is truly devoted to honoring the life and memory of his late mother.

Source: Rolling Stone,  The A.V. Club, Kotaku