This weekend in music: Seaons, Architecture Aviva, Jason Franklin to perform at Be Here Now

<p>Seaons will be performing on Feb. 5 at&nbsp;Be Here Now in Muncie.&nbsp;<em>PHOTO COURTESY OF SEAONS FACEBOOK</em></p>

Seaons will be performing on Feb. 5 at Be Here Now in Muncie. PHOTO COURTESY OF SEAONS FACEBOOK

What: Seons, Jason Franklin and Architecture Aviva

Where: Be Here Now

When: 9:30 p.m. Feb. 5

Drink Specials:

$5 Double wells

$3 Flat 12 pints

$5 Pitchers of PBR

Admission is $3 for those 21 years and older and $10 for those under 21. 

For more information, check out Be Here Now's Facebook event page

Seaons, an indie-alternative band from Oregon, will be performing at Be Here Now in Muncie on Feb. 5.

Musician Jason Franklin will open for them beginning at 9:30, followed by progressive, post-rock band Architecture Aviva at 10:30.

The band was formed in 2011 and quickly took over the southern Oregon area with its unique sound. The members chose the name Seaons —only one letter away from seasons — because a made-up word would be fitting, as they try not to be tied to one genre. 

Just one month after forming, Seaons opened for Huey Lewis and the News as part of a summer concert series at the Britt Festivals amphitheater — and even got to meet him after the show.

“Aprilis” marks a departure from Seaons’ first album “Sun Gun,” which had an “up with the good” message and feel, the band said. The prologue for “Aprilis” on the Seaons website talks about a rebirth after the apocalypse. 

“The album explores themes of human connection and power to persevere through trials and tribulations," lead vocalist Sean Sider said. "It’s about new life and rebirth coming from darker things and experiences."

The band hopes that listeners connect with the album in a different, more personal way.

“There was a huge conscious effort in making something darker for the second recording," Sider said. "We wanted to make something the listener could invest themselves in at an emotional level, whereas 'Sun Gun' was more fun and danceable at times."

The album has a striking cover featuring the painting “A Storm in the Rocky Mountains, Mt. Rosalie” by Albert Bierstadt. Sider said they chose the artwork to go along with the theme of the album. 

"The album has a lot of landscape visuals, so it made sense to have something that captured the vastness of an apocalypse," he said. "Also, there’s a sort of impending doom in the piece that just sets the tone for the album."

So far, the album has been received well. The band is playing the entire album “Aprilis” in order at its shows, even taking out pauses for applause so the album remains one complete piece. 

This leads to a unique experience for the audience, Sider explained.

“This format challenges the listener to watch and listen without the need to applaud,” he said.