DN PHOTO SABRINA SCHNETZER
3 Dorm-friendly recipes to try
Switch up your meal routine with these dorm-friendly recipes.
Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Mug
What you need:
1 Tablespoon unsalted butter (Walmart $3.48)
1 Tablespoon granulated sugar (Walmart $2.58)
1 Tablespoon brown sugar, firmly packed (Walmart $2)
½ teaspoon vanilla extract (Walmart $2.74)
⅛ teaspoon salt (Walmart $2.12)
1 egg yolk (Walmart $.63)
3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour (Walmart $3.48)
1-2 Tablespoons chocolate chips (Walmart $2.58)
1. Microwave butter in a microwavable mug, about 30 seconds or until melted.
2. Mix in sugars, vanilla extract and salt.
3. Combine in egg, mix in flour, and stir in chocolate chips
4. Microwave for 45 seconds. The cookie may not look golden brown, but it is fully cooked.
5. Serve warm.
Optional: Put a scoop of ice cream on top.
Dressed Up Mac & Cheese
What You Need:
boxed macaroni and cheese (Walmart $2)
cubed ham (Walmart $2.47)
shredded cheese (Walmart $1.98)
1. Make the macaroni and cheese according to the directions on the box.
2. Add diced ham to the mix
3. Put in a microwavable plate or bowl.
4. Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top
5. Microwave for 15 seconds, just so the top layer of cheese is melted.
Chicken and Cheese Ramen
What You Need:
Ramen (Walmart $2.98)
Canned Chicken (Walmart $2.50)
Shredded Cheese (Walmart $1.98)
1. Make the ramen according to the directions on the container.
2. Drain the canned chicken and put on top of the ramen.
3. Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top of the noodles.
4. Microwave for 15 seconds, just so the cheese is melted.