Muncie EDM show to feature five acts

<p>Ball State's Electronic Dance Music Collective will present&nbsp;an EDM show Dec. 12&nbsp;that will feature five artists. The show will begin at 8:30 p.m.&nbsp;at Be Here Now and will cost $3 for people who are over 21 and $6 for those who are not.&nbsp;&nbsp;<em>PHOTO PROVIDED BY ANDREW HESIK</em></p>

Ball State's Electronic Dance Music Collective will present an EDM show Dec. 12 that will feature five artists. The show will begin at 8:30 p.m. at Be Here Now and will cost $3 for people who are over 21 and $6 for those who are not.  PHOTO PROVIDED BY ANDREW HESIK

Ball State's Electronic Dance Music Collective is hosting their final event for the semester—one that will showcase student and alumni producers and DJs.

Northern Lights, which is almost three months in the making and in its second year, will be made up of five acts that have already made their names well-known within the Muncie EDM scene. They will come together with a mixture of styles and a "thundering, 6000+ watts" soundsystem.

Alumnus Andrew Hesik, or local musician Mephysto, will start off the night at 8:30 p.m. Hesik — along with computer science major Colin Ledbetter, or Phlank — have worked together since EDMC's founding to maintain the collective and put on shows that showcase the group's members.

Also appearing will be SPACExLION, Ejion, and Re:Born. Between the five artists and DJs, show attendees can expect genres like Drum and Bass, Deep Dubstep, Future and much more.

The show's aim is not just about music. Proceeds from the show will be split between Muncie’s EDMC and Water is Basic, a charity organization responsible for building wells in South Africa.

The show will take place at Be Here Now on Dec. 12, beginning at 8:30 p.m. and running until about 3 a.m. The cover charge is $3 for people who are over 21 and $6 for those who are under.