New businesses near Ball State include tattoo parlor, music venue and restaurants

<p><strong>Sir Nacho's Grill </strong>is located in Cleo's Bourbon Bar in The Village. Sir Nacho's will soon take over Cleo's to become Three Amigos where the owners hope to sell to-go margaritas. <em>DN FILE PHOTO BREANNA DAUGHERTY</em></p>

Sir Nacho's Grill is located in Cleo's Bourbon Bar in The Village. Sir Nacho's will soon take over Cleo's to become Three Amigos where the owners hope to sell to-go margaritas. DN FILE PHOTO BREANNA DAUGHERTY

Editors note: Three Amigos no longer exists. Cleo's Bourbon Bar will still be in the Village. 

Transzind Delivery

Food delivery in Muncie is no longer limited to pizza and sub shops.  Tranzind Delivery, founded in May 2015, offers delivery services for a wide variety of restaurants. Tranzind allows customers to order food directly from a smartphone or laptop, choosing from numerous menus from more than a dozen local Muncie restaurants, including Auntie Anne’s, Buffalo Wild Wings, IHOP, Culver’s, Olive Garden and Panda Express.

The Acoustic Room

The Acoustic Room, located in downtown Muncie on Kilgore Avenue, now serves as more than a venue for musical acts. The addition of Lildaddy’s Loaded Nachos to the business is one of the ways co-owner Scott Gates plans to attract more customers, especially Ball State students. The venue usually has two bands booked each Friday and Saturday night.

Body Language Tattoo

This summer the Village welcomed a new tattoo and body piercing shop,  Body Language Tattoos, which opened late July. The family owned and operated shop hopes to create a better name for tattoos, with owner Tom Crawford emphasizing family-friendly customer service as a top priority.

Three Amigos, Cleo's? 

Cleo’s Bourbon Bar and Sir Nacho’s at one point planned to merge and reopen as Three Amigos. Owner Chris Ellison recently said the partnership did not work out. Cleo's will remain in the Village, where it has always been. 

Chocolate Paradise

Chocolate Paradise opened this spring in Muncie and sells a wide variety of homemade high-end chocolates, including caramels and truffles. In addition, it caters events and creates wedding packages.

MDTekk

MdTekk, a technology repair company, expanded to a third shop located in the Muncie Mall this summer. Two Ball State alumni started the company, whose second shop opened in the Village last year. The company promises thirty-minute repairs, as long as the parts are in stock.