A Taste of Muncie adds 'After Taste' to annual event

Featured restaurants: 

Blondie’s Cookies, Horizon Convention Center, Minnetrista, Mr. Mouse, Pepsi Cola, VKA Kitchen & Catering, White River Valley Pizza Hut, Tuppee Tong Thai, Auntie Anne’s, Heavenly Creations Catering, Ivy Tech Community College – East Central Region, Insomnia Cookies, Johnny Carino’s, The Wedge Artisan Grilled Cheese, Delaware Country Club and Burkie’s Drive In

After the 29th annual A Taste of Muncie, volunteers, workers and attendees of the event will be able to head down to The Fickle Peach to relax for the first ever free After Taste.

Owner Chris Piche said because The Fickle Peach has a good relationship with Cornerstone Center for the Arts, they suggested Piche do this to “kick it up a bit.”

“We’re not doing anything crazy, we’re just a gathering spot,” Piche said. “We just wanted to add something to the end of it.”

A Taste of Muncie starts at 2 p.m. and is over around 4 p.m., so Piche said people can come right after that and stay until they close.

“As long as people want to hang out and talk and enjoy themselves, they can stay,” he said.

For the actual A Taste of Muncie, Brett Ellison, director of rentals and events for Cornerstone Center for the Arts, said they have a few new restaurants coming this year.

Auntie Anne’s and Tuppee Tong Thai Restaurant are two of the new participants bringing samples to the event. 

Ellison said the Cornerstone Center for the Arts fundraising event is an opportunity for Muncie citizens to try different restaurants or caterers in the area.

“I think [people] like going to it to be able to sample some of the different food that maybe they have not had before, as well as it helps to support the arts in our community,” Ellison said.