New Features Announced for LittleBigPlanet 3

With the game’s release coming November 18, more information about LittleBigPlanet 3’s creative mode has surfaced.

Players familiar with the platforming/puzzle franchise already know of its impressive feats, and LittleBigPlanet 3 is looking to take it to the next level. While the previous two main games in the series have been limited to only three 3D layers, LBP3 will incorporate 16 layers that players will be free to move around in.

New tools and gadgets will also allow for quicker and easier movement in the world. The “Layer Launcher” appropriately enough launches characters between layers. The “Bendy Rails” allow creators to make a zipline-esque rail that travel between layers. Also introduced is the “Velociportal,” which will teleport players through levels.

New logic advancements and tools like the “Power-Up Creator” also give players the ability to give the playable characters custom superpower with in-world tools to regulate them during gameplay. The “Blaster Handle” is a new pickup that will allow Sackboy and friends to wield an unlimited number of items. It acts however the player programs it too, leaving the customization options literally endless. Other small updates have also been included, such as the ability to make custom stickers.

Combining the already extensive tools of the previous games with these soon to come additions, LittleBigPlanet 3, hopes to prove that the possibles are truly only limited by ones imagination.

-----

Sources: PolygonLittleBigPlanet Wiki

Image: GamesRadar