Spring performances at Emens Auditorium

John R. Emens Auditorium will continue its 50th season by bringing music and theater to the Ball State campus. Last semester, it pulled in multiple country music artists, touring Broadway spectaculars and notable speakers.

Throughout the Spring Semester, Emens will host big events that include a charity classic rock performance, a musical interpretation of a cheerleading movie, a Canadian ballet company and a few of Ireland’s favorite female singers.

“Bring It On: The Musical”
7:30 p.m. Feb. 6
This show, inspired by its movie namesake, promises to tell a story of challenges and bonds formed through the thrill of competition. The show full of dance and aerial stunts is free for students in advance or $11 at the door. For others, the prices range from $16 to $48.

REO Speedwagon
7:30 p.m. Feb. 7
REO Speedwagon has entertained audiences since the 1970s with classic rock music and electrifying live shows. The band will bring hit singles, including “Can’t Fight This Feeling” and “Take It On The Run,” for a charitable performance. Proceeds from this event will benefit organizations helping victims of Midwest tornadoes. Tickets are on sale now and cost between $28 and $58.

Joshua Bell
7:30 p.m. Feb. 17
One of the world’s most celebrated violinists is bringing his 1713 Huberman Stradivarius violin to Emens. Joshua Bell is known for his charismatic stage presence and tone. He was recently appointed as the music director of the Academy of St. Martin in the Fields — he’s the first American in this position since it was formed in 1958. He has performed for President Barack Obama, Vice President Jo Biden and China’s President Xi Jinping. Tickets are $10 for students and range from $30 to $45 for others.

Women of Ireland
7:30 p.m. March 1
A few of Ireland’s top female performers will bring their full stage concert production to campus. This group puts special significance on depicting the qualities of Irish music in a contemporary setting. The audience should get ready to experience the traditions of music, song and dance. This event is free for students in advance or $11 at the door. For others, tickets range from $11 to $39.

“Moulin Rouge” by the Royal Winnipeg Ballet
7:30 p.m. March 6
Emens will experience a touch of Parisian culture when “Moulin Rouge” brings feathers and rhinestones to the stage in a cabaret setting. More than 100,000 people have seen this performance since its world debut in 2009. Period French music and high-kicking choreography compliment this story of two young adults who visit Paris in search of romance and stardom. Tickets are $5 for students in advance or $10 at the door. For others, tickets range from $10 to $32.

TAO: Phoenix Rising
7:30 p.m. March 18
TAO will bring its new production that features the traditional art of Japanese drumming. Contemporary costumes and innovative choreography give the show a slight modern twist, but it’s the stars of the show that give it the cultural element. They live and train in the mountains of Japan and draw on their diverse backgrounds to bring modernism to this traditional art form. Tickets are $5 for students in advance or $10 at the door. For others, tickets range from $10 to $29.

For a complete list of events and more information, visit bsu.edu/emens or contact the box office.