Dill Street & Grill moving for summer, returns Aug. 10

Dill Street Bar and Grill, currently located at 421 N Dill St., will close temporarily as it moves to a new location in the Village. The bar will still be called Dill Street, even though it will no longer be located on Dill Street. DN FILE PHOTO JORDAN HUFFER

Dill Street Bar’s penny pitchers will be available on Saturday for the last time this summer.

The bar will close while the Village undergoes remodeling and will reopen on Aug. 10 at 1716 West University Ave., a new location across the street from the T.I.S. College Bookstore.

Bartender Katie Heath said she’s optimistic for the move.

“I think it’s a good opportunity for us to make some changes, hopefully for the better,” she said. “With the new location, the new building, it’ll be fresh, clean and brand new. I think it’s a good opportunity for us to grow as a bar and as a business, and hopefully it’ll attract a lot more people.”

Dill Street will expand their hours and begin to serve a variety of food once the new location opens, with more staff to be hired.

The business will keep the name, despite no longer being located on Dill Street. Heath said the penny pitchers should be kept as well.