Dill Street to move to a new, bigger location

The Associated Press

he Dill Street Bar and Grill sits empty Monday night across from Greek’s Pizza. The bar intends to move to the building that formerly housed CBX Bookstore and will keep the Dill Street name. DN PHOTO JONATHAN MIKSANEK
he Dill Street Bar and Grill sits empty Monday night across from Greekā€™s Pizza. The bar intends to move to the building that formerly housed CBX Bookstore and will keep the Dill Street name. DN PHOTO JONATHAN MIKSANEK

Dill Street Bar & Grill is planning to move to the former CBX Bookstore location in the Village this summer.

The bar’s Twitter account tweeted earlier today that they will close their current location on May 18 and reopen at 1716 W. University Avenue on Aug. 10.

One tweet said Dill Street will keep the same name, despite being located on University Avenue. Another tweet said the new location will be open everyday and feature three separate bathrooms and a bigger outdoor patio. Dill Street owner Phil Wills could not be contacted by the Daily News on Monday.

Milhaus Development, the owner of Dill Street’s current location, has not seen the final paperwork yet, said Gregg Donaldson, asset manager for Milhaus.

“I think it’s great if that is what Phil Wills wants,” Donaldson said. “I support Phil in whatever he wants to do.”

Dill Street has been in their current location since 1992, according to Milhaus.

Grandma Betty’s Ice Cream shop will remain open and in their current location in the same building as the former CBX.

Jeannine Lake, coordinator of Grandma Betty’s, said she has been told about the potential move.

“We are open, and we are going to be open,” Lake said. “They are not going in our space. I hope [the move] will impact us in a positive way.”

Muncie Associates LLC has owned the building housing CBX and Grandma Betty’s since they bought it about a year ago, according to the Delaware County Assessor.

The Daily News was unable to contact Muncie Associates LLC on Monday.