FOOTBALL: Running back leaves Ball State program

Scott leaves after two full seasons for Cardinals

Ball State football announced that running back Barrington Scott has left the program for personal reasons.

Scott was part of a crowded Ball State backfield in 2012 that included Jahwan Edwards, Horactio Banks, Toney Williams and Dwayne Donigan.

“Barrington Scott is a former walk on who was put on scholarship following spring practice in 2011,” Ball State coach Pete Lembo said in a news release.  “We are disappointed he will not be finishing his playing career here at Ball State in 2013 with his teammates.  We will adjust accordingly and wish Barrington the best in future endeavors.”

In his first full season at Ball State in 2011, Scott started the first game of the season against Indiana at Lucas Oil Stadium. He scored the first touchdown of the Lembo era by catching a 1-yard pass from Keith Wenning in the first quarter. Scott played in nine games in 2011 before a leg injury against Eastern Michigan ended his season.

He finished with 370 rushing yards and one rushing touchdown in 2011.

In 2012, Scott fell to the No. 3 running back for Ball State behind Edwards and Banks. Scott played in 12 games last season and ran for 374 yards and a touchdown.

The current Ball State roster lists only three running backs for the 2013 season in Edwards, Banks and incoming freshman Teddy Williamson.