MEN'S BASKETBALL: Ball State heads north to play struggling Northern Illinois

Davis is five assists away from fourth all-time in Ball State history

Ball State is currently in a stretch where it faces four out of five Mid-American Conference games on the road.

The second game in that stretch continues tonight as the Cardinals travel to Northern Illinois to take on the struggling Huskies.

Northern Illinois (2-14, 1-3 MAC) has lone victories over Roosevelt University and Central Michigan so far this season. The Huskies started the year losing their first 11 games.

Ball State (11-5, 3-1 MAC) rebounded from its first MAC loss against Eastern Michigan by routing Central Michigan 73-52 this past Wednesday.

The Cardinals are currently in second place in the MAC West division behind Eastern Michigan while Northern Illinois sits in last place.

Ball State leads the all-time series against Northern Illinois 44-31 and has won the last three contests against the Huskies. Last season, the Cardinals swept the season series, defeating the Huskies 67-57 and 75-70.

Forward Jarrod Jones leads the Cardinals in scoring and rebounding with 16.9 points per game while averaging 8.4 boards. Guard Jesse Berry comes off the bench and is second in scoring with 10 points per game. He also has made a team-high 25 three-point shots. 

Ball State point guard Randy Davis averages just over eight per game and has dished out 100 assists on the season. Davis needs just five assists in tonight's game to move into fourth all-time in Ball State history.

Northern Illinois is led offensively by Tim Toler and Adel Nader. Toler averages 10.8 points per game and leads the Huskies with 22 three-pointers. Nader follows close behind with 10 points per game and has hit 21 three-pointers.

Tonight's game will be broadcasted by the Ball State Sports Network and streamed live at ballstatesports.com. The game can be seen on WIPB-TV (Muncie) and HTSN 6.2 (Indianapolis).

For more Ball State men's basketball coverage, follow @JoshJBlessing on Twitter.