WOMEN'S TENNIS: Cardinals advance to MAC quarterfinals

Ball State to take on three-time defending champions Miami

After a rough end to the regular season the Ball State women's tennis earned a 4-0 win over Northern Illinois in the Mid-American Conference Tournament Thursday.

The Cardinals bounced back from a four-match losing streak to beat the Huskies. The last win for the Cardinals was against Northern Illinois back on April 9.

Coach Christine Bader said that one of the team's biggest goals was to win the doubles point to set the tone early in the match.

"It was very exciting, it was great to see the girls pull of the doubles point," Bader said. "[Kristel Sanders] and [Lauren Pickrel] really stepped it up and clinched the doubles point for us. It was a great momentum swing for us today."

After winning the doubles point, the team went on to sweep the Huskies to earn the remaining three points to win the match.

"Today was a team effort, Georgina's energy and fight helped clinch the win a little earlier." Bader said.

Ball State will now move on to the quarterfinals to face the No.1 seeded Miami University. Miami is the three time defending MAC champions. Miami went 8-0 against conference opponents during the regular season.

"Its tournament time anything is possible," Bader said. "So I think the girls and I are really excited to go out there and have a great day."

The quarterfinal match will be played on Friday at 10 a.m.