TRACK AND FIELD: Ball State pulls off 12 top-10 finishes in Bloomington

Bishel leads Cardinals with win in 3,000 meters

Ball State had a strong showing this weekend at the Hoosier Hills Invitational with 12 top-10 finishes.

Ball State's standout runner was Ali Bishel in the 3,000-meter run with a first-place finish of 9:56.65. Bishel was also part of the distance medley relay team that placed second. MaryKate Mellen, Judah Smith and Christine Talhelm were the other members of the relay team.

Mellen placed fifth in the 1-mile run with a time of 5:02.94, and Smith's :57.03 in the 400-meter dash was good for third

Talhelm and Emilee Zets both finished in the top 10 in the 800-meter, finishing seventh and ninth, respectively.

In the 60-meter dash, Janae Taylor tallied a third-place finish with a time of :7.88.

RaJae Marable qualified for the 60-meter hurdles finals as well. She placed fourth with a time of :8.8.

Thekla Lorenz had a busy night, competing in four different events. Her strongest event was long jump, where she placed second. In the 600-meter run, she placed fifth with a time of 1:38.84.

Rebecca Lomax competed in three events: high jump, shot put and the 60-meter hurdles. She placed sixth in the high jump with a leap of 1.59 meters.

Esther Tirado placed eighth in the 600-meter run with a time of 1:41.03

The top thrower in the weight throw for Ball State was Lywanna Melvin placing 10th.

On Friday, the Cardinals will have their only home meet of the season at 5 p.m. in the Field Sports Building. The meet will be the final one before the Mid-American Conference Indoor Championships.