International displays in Bracken

Ball State University's Rinker Center for International Programs is hosting the annual International Festival from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday in Bracken Library.

The festival has been at Ball State for more than 50 years and this year will have between 25 and 30 countries represented, Mindy Ward, graduate assistant to the events coordinator at the Rinker Center, said.

Ward also said the event is aimed to give students and Muncie residents a chance to meet international students, who usually stay inside their own programs within the university.

The event will also give international students an opportunity to meet other students and educate them on various countries.

The Indian Student Association will be at the event showcasing many native crafts and handmade jewelry.

"We will have posters sharing information and facts about the country," President Achyuth Pydimarri said. "We may even have food tasting."

The group will be at the event all day and Pydimarri hopes to have at least three members at the booth at all times.

Ward also said she thought there might be a fashion show to share with students the different countries' native styles.

The Latino Student Union will be among the organizations helping out with other booths although this year they will not have a booth themselves, President Michael Rivera said.