FOOTBALL: No Cardinals go on first day of NFL Draft

After the first day of the 2009 NFL Draft, all the draft eligible Ball State University players are still waiting to hear their names.

No Ball State players were selected in the first two rounds of the draft, which were 32 picks each.

Three Mid-American Conference players went in the first two rounds - Northern Illinois University defensive end/outside linebacker Larry English went 16th overall to the San Diego Chargers, Western Michigan University defensive back Louis Delmas went 33rd overall to the Detroit Lions and Ohio University safety Michael Mitchell went 47th overall to the Oakland Raiders.

No Ball State players have been selected, although analysts such as Chris Stueber of Scout.com think four former Cardinals - offensive tackle Robert Brewster, quarterback Nate Davis, tight end Darius Hill and punter Chris Miller - could be chosen in this weekend's Draft.

Four quarterbacks were selected in the first day of the Draft. Eight offensive tackles went in the first two rounds.

Two tight ends was selected, and no punters were selected on the first day of the Draft.

Rounds three through seven continue at 10 a.m. Sunday on ESPN and the NFL Network.

Continue to check bsudailynews.com for updates throughout the day Sunday for updates about the NFL Draft that relate to Ball State.