...AND HE'S ON IT: BSU should start Joey Lynch

Cole Stinson has a heck of an arm, this is true. But having agood game is not an automatic bid for the starting quarterbackstart. It is easy to forget that it was Stinson's first start andonly his second game in Division IA football.

And now people want him to start at the Glass Bowl againstToledo. If we have a rival in football, it has to be Toledo. Wehave not won at Toledo in over 10 years, and this win is a key inBall State's quest to earn a winning record this season.

Joey Lynch should start, simply because he has more experience.Lynch started against Missouri, Boston College and Purdue. Stinsonhas played a few minutes against Missouri and a directionalMichigan school.

Putting the pressure of starting on Stinson would be unfair toboth Lynch and Stinson. For Lynch, it's not giving him a chance toprove that he can do the job after being taken out after twopossessions against Western Michigan.

With Reggie Hodges punting we can play the field position game,get the offensive line ready to protect the QB. If our defense canplay a little, we can afford a couple offensive trips withoutscore. We cannot, however, turn the ball over.

Turning the Ball over, something Lynch has not done this year,would give Toledo excellent field position, tons of momentum, andan early lead.

Bring Cole Stinson in if Lynch isn't getting the job done, butstart Lynch because he has more experience, has not turned over theball against some of the best teams in the country. Plus, everyonedeserves a second chance.