MEN'S GOLF BSU goes to Louisville for two-day meet

The men's golf team looks to continue its strong play from theNorthern Collegiate, where Ball State finished with a final scoreof 887. That was an improvement from the 898 at the MichiganCollegiate. The next test for Mike Fleck's team takes place todayand Tuesday, when it travels to Louisville to take part in the 2004Cardinal Intercollegiate.

Last week, BSU finished seventh at the Northern Collegiate, andwere led in terms of scoring by Brandon Boomsma, who shot a73-70-74-217 and tied for 12th place. Also helping out with thescoring were C.D. Hockersmith and Patrick Wilkes-Krier, who bothshot a final score of 222, tied for 27th.

Also traveling to Louisville for the Cards will be Wayne Dengerand Bud Graessle. Denger shot a 232 and finished tied for 54thwhile Graessle shot a score of 228 to tie for 44th. All five exceptDenger improved their score from Michigan, and Denger was only twostrokes behind his first meet score.

On October 4-5, BSU plays host to the Earl YestingsmeierInvitational at the Delaware Country Club. It finishes up the fallschedule a week later in Cincinnati, Ohio at the XavierInvitational. The spring schedule, which will include the 2004 MACChampionship, begins in late March.