FOOTBALL: Cards not dwelling on win

Team now looks to cure road woes at Toledo this week

Many times, coaches worry about their team coming out flat orbecoming overconfident after a big win such as Ball State's onSaturday.

Brady Hoke, though, isn't worried following his team's firstvictory this season, a 41-14 beating of Western Michigan.

"We didn't handle Sunday any different than we did the Sundaybefore," Hoke said. "We pointed out the negatives we made -- theconstructive criticism we needed -- and we also showed the positivethings."

Hoke felt the players' general attitude was one of having donewhat is expected and needing to continue the effort Saturday atToledo.

"They understand this is the way we want to play," Hoke said."Now, we haven't played good away from home, and that's our bigchallenge -- our focus, intensity and poise."

Not dwelling on the past would especially serve well this week,since Ball State (1-3, 1-0 Mid-American Conferene) has beenoutscored 107-7 in two road contests this season. With Toledo (2-2,1-0), the Cardinals own a 10-5 series lead in Muncie, includinglast year's 38-14 shocker, but in the Glass Bowl the Rockets hold a9-4-1 advantage.

Hoke especially warned that his team can't draw on last year'scontest.

"It was a different team," Hoke said. "That was the 79th BallState team; this is the 80th one. Just like Toledo; they're adifferent team, so I don't think that has anything to do withit."

The win over Toledo was BSU's last one in 2003, as the Cardinalsdropped their final four games to finish 4-8.

TOLEDO IS HOME

Two fourth-year juniors on the Cardinals -- defensive end BlairKramer and running back Charles Wynn -- call the Toledo suburbshome. Kramer, out of Maumee, graduated from St. John's Jesuit. Wynnwent to Northview High School in Sylvania.

Kramer has started all four games and totaled seven tackles,including a sack against Western Michigan. Wynn, a backup fullbackin the first three games, saw most of his action Saturday attailback. He rushed for 63 yards and a touchdown on 12 carries.

In all, 15 Ball State players are from Ohio.

HOKE AT TOLEDO

Brady Hoke was a Toledo assistant in 1987 and 1988. Hoke coachedoutside linebackers, and the Rockets went 9-12-1 during his timethere. From Toledo, Hoke moved on to Oregon State for six years andMichigan for eight.