Race earning's benefit breast caner research

To celebrate those who have survived breast cancer, and to raise funds for breast cancer research, Ball State's Pan-Hellenic Council and the Fishers Institute for Wellness will sponsor the Frog Baby 5K Run/Walk for Breast Cancer.

Tuesday began the start of breast cancer awareness month.

The race will begin at 10 a.m. Saturday in front of Frog Baby. Opening activities and sign-up will begin at 9 a.m.

Kate Spisak, Wellness Coordinator for PHC, said any one may participate in the event.

"We're trying to make this an annual event," Spisak said. "This could be a lot of fun. We're trying to involve more people and the community."

Spisak said she is excepting between 100 and 150 people. As an incentive, Spisak said Papa John's is donating ten free pizzas to the group that has the most people.

Spisak said other area businesses have donated items they will use as door prizes.

Tara King, assistant director of the Career Center, said there will be booths setup with representatives from the Health Center and possibly Ball Memorial Hospital to pass out information.

"People going to the Run/Walk will go out of interest of the breast cancer awareness," King said. "They will be those people who are directly affected by breast cancer. If they know someone who has breast cancer, or those who want to support breast cancer awareness."

Spisak said they are asking those who sign up to donate $5 with registration. That money will go to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation and to the Ball Memorial Hospital Foundation.

"Come out and support the cause by making a donation, it will be a big day on campus," Spisak said.

There is also a home football game Saturday afternoon, as well as the Chase Charlie Fun Run starting at 9 a.m. Spisak said the Frog Baby race should be completed with time for participants to go the football game.

"Unless you know someone who has breast cancer, you really don't think about it, as you age it becomes more of a concern, but these are the times you need to be concerned," Spisak said. "It's important to be educated early."VV>'-¼'p-¦G

frog baby runDNEditorial'-¼VN+â

frog baby runDNEditorialVV>+â-¼87>AUDT

+â-ä+â-à++â-¼7`