Deans of CAP and Miller College of Business leaving Ball State

<p>Dean of the Miller College of Business Jennifer Bott and Dean of the College of Architecture and Planning Phil Repp are leaving Ball State. Repp will retire after 38 years of service at Ball State and Bott will be the provost and vice president for academic affairs at Western Michigan University. <strong>Ball State University, Photos Provided</strong></p>

Dean of the Miller College of Business Jennifer Bott and Dean of the College of Architecture and Planning Phil Repp are leaving Ball State. Repp will retire after 38 years of service at Ball State and Bott will be the provost and vice president for academic affairs at Western Michigan University. Ball State University, Photos Provided

Jennifer Bott, the Bryan Dean of the Miller College of Business, and Phil Repp, dean of the College of Architecture and Planning, are leaving Ball State to move to Michigan, according to an email sent by interim provost Marilyn Buck Thursday. 

Bott, who has worked for Ball State for 14 years, will assume the role of provost and vice president for academic affairs at Western Michigan University. Repp is retiring after 37 years with Ball State. 

During Bott's time with the university, she raised $15 million in funds and pledges and integrated five programs for the College of Applied Sciences and Technology, according to the email. She also served as program chair for the human resource management undergraduate degree and adviser to the Society of Human Resource Management. 

Repp, who started his career as an assistant professor of art in 1981, has led the College of Architecture and Planning since 2015. During his time as dean, Repp initiated admissions-related efforts that contributed to an increase of 38 percent in confirmed students, established the inaugural college executive advisory board and raised $1.6 million to update college facilities, according to the email. 

"Jennifer and Phil are consummate professionals and have been servant leaders and partners to our faculty, staff, students and alumni over the years," Buck said in the email. "I have enjoyed working with them and have benefited from their wisdom and expertise."

Repp's last day with the university will be June 30 and Bott will begin at Western Michigan University July 1. 

Interim leadership for both colleges will be announced within the coming days, Buck said.