Ball State Department of Theater and Dance to produce 'A Chorus Line'

<p>The Department of Theatre and Dance will be performing it's upcoming production of the classic musical “A Chorus Line.” The musical was originally on Broadway in 1975 and tells the story of a high-stakes Broadway audition for 17 eager dancers. <strong>Ball State, Photo Courtesy</strong></p>

The Department of Theatre and Dance will be performing it's upcoming production of the classic musical “A Chorus Line.” The musical was originally on Broadway in 1975 and tells the story of a high-stakes Broadway audition for 17 eager dancers. Ball State, Photo Courtesy

Editors Note: In a previous version of this article Emily Tzucker and Anne Beck were listed as students. The story has been updated. 

The Department of Theatre and Dance aims to prove it has what it takes in its upcoming production of the classic musical “A Chorus Line.”

Originally on Broadway in 1975, the musical tells the story of a high-stakes Broadway audition for 17 eager dancers. Director Zach requires each person to describe their life story to him, and it’s through these vignettes that the audience gets to know the characters.

Popular songs featured in the production include “What I Did for Love,” “One,” “At the Ballet,” “The Music and the Mirror” and “I Hope I Get It.”

The cast is made up of students ranging from freshman through seniors with a wide variety of majors, including musical theater, dance and theater studies. 

The show is co-directed by Emily Tzucker, instructor of theater, and Anne Beck, instructor of dance. Beck also choreographed the show.

Opening night for the show is 7:30 p.m. Friday and tickets are available at the Box Office, which is open from noon - 5 p.m. and one hour before performances. Tickets may also be purchased online.

Contact Alexandra Smith with comments at ajsmith@bsu.edu.