Crime Roundup: MPD make domestic battery, meth possession arrests

What's been happening with crime in Muncie? Here's this week's Crime Roundup from May 12-18.

Friday, May 12

Officers of the Ball State University Police Department made an arrest in connection to a stolen vehicle.

RELATED: Muncie man arrested after stealing a car from BSU parking garage, running from police

Sunday, May 14

Officers with the Muncie Police Department responded to the 1100 block of East 6th Street for the report of a domestic battery.

When officers arrived, the resident stated that Datron Hammond, 35, Muncie, was at the residence earlier, demanding to see their children.

The mother of their children has an active protective order against Hammond.

In a probable cause affidavit, the mother stated that Hammond was carrying one of the children when they were arguing over a former relationship.

When the mother tried to take the child from Hammond, he “stuck her with his fist and bit her hand.”

When the mother told Hammond she would call the cops, he put the child down, “wrestled the phone away” from her and fled on foot.

Hammond was charged with domestic battery with a previous conviction of invasion of privacy and theft.

Monday, May 15

Shortly after 11:30 p.m., officers of the Delaware County Sheriff’s Office were driving west bound in the 1300 block of West Memorial Drive when a vehicle turned out of a parking lot at a very high rate of speed with the rear of the vehicle fishtailing sideways.

Officers pulled the vehicle over and asked the driver for his name. He provided officers with Daniel Coffey, which did not return when officers tired to run it in their system.

Joshua Moore, 21, Marion, was arrested and officers searched his vehicle, where they found a grinder with a green powdery substance which smelled like marijuana, according to a probable cause affidavit. 

According to a jail booking card, Moore was transported to the Delaware County Jail and charged with identity deception, reckless possession of paraphernalia and OWI previous conviction.

Wednesday, May 17

While working a uniformed security job at the Courtyard Marriott, in the 600 block of S. High Street, an officer of the Muncie Police Department observed a man walking on the street.

The officer stopped Dylan Carrington, 18, Muncie, to talk to him about walking on the street when a sidewalk was available.

The officer asked Carrington if there was anything in his backpack that he need to be worried about.

The officer located a scale, two plastic baggies with a white crystal like substance, which tested positive for methamphetamine, four syringes, a cutoff straw with white residue inside of it, according to a probable cause affidavit. 

Carrington was transported to the Delaware County Jail and charged with possession of methamphetamine, possession of syringe and reckless possession of paraphernalia.

Also, on Wednesday, officers of the Muncie and Indianapolis police department executed a search warrant in connection to the disappearance of Angie Barlow, missing since October 2016.

RELATED: Wednesday's search warrant finds drugs, guns and stolen money to pay bills

Thursday, May 18

On Thursday morning at 2:10 a.m., an officer of the Delaware County Sheriff’s Office was dispatched to the intersection of a Tillotson Avenue and Jackson Street for a suspicious subject.

Officers located Jonathon Logan, 20, Yorktown, with a backpack and a bag with a clear rock like substance, marijuana and a smoking pipe.

Logan was arrested and transported to the Delaware County Jail and charged with possession of methamphetamine, possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia.