Muncie man arrested after stealing a car from BSU parking garage, running from police

A car stolen from a Ball State parking garage ended in a Muncie man's arrest after he pointed a gun at a Muncie teen and ran from police, according to a probable cause affidavit. 

DaMarco Churn, 18, was arrested Friday on charges of intimidation, pointing a firearm, resisting law enforcement in the vehicle, receiving stolen property, auto theft, unauthorized entry of a motor vehicle, theft, knowingly or intentionally operating a vehicle without a license and resisting law enforcement by running from an officer. 

This case started a little more than a week ago on May 6 when Churn and two accomplices allegedly stole a Ball State student's car from the parking garage next to the Woodworth Complex. Churn and his accomplices then drove the car to a parking garage at IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital, according to the affidavit. 

Police identified Churn after viewing surveillance footage from the hospital parking garage. The day after the car was stolen, police were called to a Muncie home on reports of a "subject with a gun."

When police arrived a Muncie teen told them that Churn was driving around his house. The teen told police he'd had problems with Churn ever since Churn broke into his house. 

Police say that Churn asked the man if he was "waiting for him to say something." Churn then pointed a gun at the teen and drove off. 

An officer located Churn and chased him until he stopped the car in an alley. The officer then pursued Churn on foot but lost him in a wooded area where he was later arrested. 

Churn is currently being held in the Delaware County Jail on a $35,500 bond.