Your horoscope for August 31

Today's Birthday (08/31/16). Begin a profitable two-year phase. Renovate your space to adapt to domestic changes. Disciplined actions get results. Personal growth and development this autumn comes before partnership changes. Consider the past and make future plans next spring, leading to the transformation of a romantic relationship. Prioritize love.

To get the advantage, check the day's rating: 10 is the easiest day, 0 the most challenging.

Aries (March 21-April 19): Today is a 6 -- The pace quickens. Take on more work over the next two days. Sort through feelings as they arise. You can solve the puzzle. Someone brings home a surprise.

Taurus (April 20-May 20): Today is a 7 -- The next two days are reserved for fun. Romance blossoms, if encouraged. Forgive miscommunications and tardiness. Unexpected good news pre-empts the programming. Imaginative tactics get attention.

Gemini (May 21-June 20): Today is a 7 -- Fix up your place today and tomorrow. Your home and family require more attention. Set long-range goals. Show extra patience for someone who is stuck. Keep your objective in mind

Cancer (June 21-July 22): Today is a 6 -- Your focus is on communications today and tomorrow. With Mercury's recent retrograde, it could seem like your messages get restricted or blocked. Give it extra time. Study the situation.

Leo (July 23-Aug. 22): Today is an 8 -- Keep the pedal to the metal and cash flows in today and tomorrow. You're planning changes for the better. Start your shopping list. Make a surprising connection.

Virgo ( Aug. 23-Sept. 22):  Today is a 7 -- Stand up for a cause dear to your heart. Personal motivation flourishes over the next two days. Rally others to join. You're sensitive to what's missing.

Libra (Sept. 23-Oct. 22): Today is a 6 -- Reflect on the road ahead and already traveled over the next two days. Schedule actions for later. Make plans and revise strategies now. Find practical, cost-effective solutions.

Scorpio (Oct. 23-Nov. 21): Today is a 7 -- Enjoy meetings and events. Group projects go well today and tomorrow. Friends help out. Someone has a stroke of genius, although part may get lost in translation.

Sagittarius (Nov. 22-Dec. 21): Today is a 7 -- Work takes priority for the next few days. An opportunity could benefit your career. Practice makes perfect. Do your best job and share the results. It's gaining attention.

Capricorn (Dec. 22-Jan. 19): Today is a 7 -- Explore your neighborhood over the next few days. Investigate and research an area of academic interest. Taste new flavors and discover hidden jewels in your own backyard.

Aquarius (Jan. 20-Feb. 18): Today is a 7 -- Changes necessitate budget revisions today and tomorrow. Get into a planning phase over the next few weeks. Be a strategist, rather than impulsive. Join forces with another for funding.

Pisces (Feb. 19-March 20): Today is an 8 -- Travel plans may need to be tweaked. You and a partner can stir things up over the next couple of days. A familiar face is a welcome surprise.

Nancy Black continues her mother   Linda Black's legacy horoscopes column. She welcomes comments and questions on Twitter, @lindablack. For more astrological interpretations visit Linda Black Horoscopesand www.nancyblack.com