Students plan Chirpfest music festival

<p>Chirpfest owner, Chris Cammack, poses on a Skywalker with Chirpfest promo model, Alexa Munger. <em>PHOTO BY CHIRPFEST.</em></p>

Chirpfest owner, Chris Cammack, poses on a Skywalker with Chirpfest promo model, Alexa Munger. PHOTO BY CHIRPFEST.

Two Ball State students are bringing a different kind of music festival to Muncie. The city’s first Chirpfest will be a live electronic dance music festival September 19, 6 p.m. to midnight in the Village. The cost is $5 at the door. BSU seniors Darius Norwood and Chris Cammack are the owners and chief promoters.

“We will be selling red, black or white Chirpfest shirts around campus for $15 Friday which gets you into Chirpfest for free,” Norwood said.

Chirpfest will take place on N. Dill Street. Brother’s Bar and Grill, Puerta Al Paraiso Mexican Bar and Grill and Greek’s Pizzeria will be feeding hungry patrons.

“Brother’s Bar and Grill has a specialty drink called Chirpfest that will also be available during the fest,” Norwood said.

Chirpfest will feature live music from EDM disc jockeys Borderlinze, J Tubbs, Jordn Moody, Trill, Jody Free, Dub Knight, Mikado, and a performance from Fort Wayne native rapper Nyzzy Nyce.

“We will be raffling off prizes all night,” Cammack said. “Five dollars gets you a raffle ticket and you could win a Skywalker, prizes from Sunsations Tanning, Amazing Joe’s Grill and Meineke automotive.”

Chirpfest owners Norwood and Cammack attended the BAALS Music Festival last year in Fort Wayne, and say they saw a need for a similar event in Muncie. The owners recently partnered with BAALS to bring Chirpfest to the Village.

“Me and Darius have been strategically planning this since last year and we saw a need for Ball State to have something like this, along the lines of a Grand Prix at Purdue or Little 500 at IU, to create a memory while also bridging the gap between the Ball State campus and the Muncie community. And we came up with Chirpfest,” Cammack said.

Other official sponsors of Chirpfest include: MindOverMatter PR, Secure Life Networks, the City of Muncie, Calico Precision Molding, Muncie Indiana Transit Systems, UPS, Red Bull and Village Promenade.

To learn more about the event follow the Chirpfest Instagram, Twitter (@BSUChirpFest) and Facebook page.