Emmy Awards 2015: Winners and losers

The 67th annual Emmy Awards honored the best in television on Sept. 20. Take a look at the biggest winners and losers of the evening.

The Amys lose to Dreyfuss - Lead Actress in a Comedy Series

Amy Poehler and Amy Schumer lost to Julia Louis-Dreyfuss, who picked up her fourth consecutive Emmy for the HBO show “Veep.” Poehler had been nominated six times for her role as government employee Leslie Knope in “Parks and Recreation.” The series just finished its last season. Schumer has been having a successful year with her movie “Trainwreck” and her series “Inside Amy Schumer,” but it wasn’t enough to garner her a win.

Jon Hamm finally gets an Emmy - Lead Actor in a Drama Series

Jon Hamm finally took home an Emmy after eight career nominations for his role as Don Draper in “Mad Men.” This was his first win for the AMC series and his last chance, as the show concluded in May. He remained humble during his speech, however, telling the audience that his win was a mistake.

"Modern Family" winning streak ends - Outstanding Comedy Series

"Modern Family" has ruled the Outstanding Comedy Series category for the last five years. If the show had won this year it would have made Emmy history as the only show to win six years in a row. Instead, HBO’s “Veep” took home the golden statuette.

A historic win - Lead Actress in a Drama Series

Viola Davis won for her role in “How To Get Away With Murder,” making her the first woman of color to win the Emmy’s Lead Actress in a Drama Series award. She gave an emotional speech telling the audience, “The only thing that separates women of color from anyone else is opportunity.”

“Games of Thrones” takes the most wins overall

The show won a total of 12 of its total 24 Emmy nominations this year, setting the records for most Emmys won in a year. The HBO show has received 83 nominations to date. Awards that the show took home included Outstanding Drama Series and Outstanding Writing.