Pop culture catchup

KRT STAND ALONE ENTERTAINMENT PHOTO SLUGGED: SPIRITAWARDS KRT PHOTO BY LIONEL HAHN/ABACA PRESS (February 29) Nikki Reed is shown at the Independent Spirit Awards on Saturday, February, 28, 2004, in Santa Monica, California. (gsb) 2004

Erin Gladieux is a junior telecommunications and journalism major and writes ‘Pop Culture Catch Up’ for the Daily News. Her views do not necessarily reflect those of the paper. Write to Erin at engladieux@bsu.edu

Jimmy Fallon blew his chance with Nicole Kidman

Nicole Kidman is an Emmy and Oscar winning Australian beauty who once went on a date with Jimmy Fallon… even though he didn’t know it.

Last week, Kidman made her debut on “The Tonight Show” with Jimmy Fallon, and the two, now happily married to other people, both revealed their version of what happened when they first met.

Fallon remembered getting a call from a mutual friend who said Kidman wanted to meet him. He thought it was a business meeting, but Kidman had other ideas.

Fallon had Kidman over to his apartment, set out some brie and Saltines, and in typical, oblivious boy fashion, started playing video games.

“After about an hour and a half I thought, ‘He has no interest. This is so embarrassing,’” Kidman said.

Of course, Fallon didn’t recognize their encounter as a “date” until last week’s interview.

Ian Somerhalder and Nikki Reed get engaged!

After only six months of dating, Damon Salvatore and Rosalie Hale…er…. Ian Somerhalder and Nikki Reed are tying the knot. Talk about a match made in vampire heaven.

"She accepted with glee," a source told Us Weekly. "She is madly in love."

Another source added, "They were friends before, the groundwork had been laid. They had always been attracted to each other, but always in another relationship. It may seem quick, but they knew it was right. They believe in the same things. They are dedicated to their work and helping others."

This will be Somerhalder’s first marriage and the second for Reed.

Former “Twilight” actress Reed announced her split from American Idol season 10 contestant, Paul McDonald, in March 2014 after nearly three years of marriage.

While the friendly exes still make music together, they finalized their divorce earlier this month. Just in time for Reed’s engagement. Aww.

Taylor Lautner is single! Oh wait, nevermind.

Good news for all the teenage Team Jacob fan-girls: Taylor Lautner is a single man! Or was for a brief time.

The “Twilight” alumnus and his "Tracers” co-star Marie Avgeropoulos have split.

Although the break up was months ago and “completely amicable,” apparently Lautner is already dating again.

This could potentially be a little awkward when the two go on their publicity tour for “Tracers.”

Luckily (?) for them, their movie only received a limited theater release. Hopefully this means a shorter press tour.