Soaking rain and windy conditions for Wednesday

Tonight: Clouds increase early, becoming overcast by midnight. Rain moves in late. Winds pick up in the later overnight hours, with SE winds of 10-15 mph and gusts up to 25 mph. Our better chances for a good soaking moves in Wednesday morning.

Tomorrow: Rain will likely be ongoing when you wake up tomorrow morning. Rain will be the case for almost the entire day Wednesday. Winds will also be a nuisance, with winds from the SW at 15-30 mph, with gusts up to 50 mph. A Wind Advisory is in place for Henry and Wayne counties from noon to as well. Be sure to bring any loose outdoor objects inside for the day tomorrow. The only positive will be the warmer temperatures with highs in the low-to-mid-60s. Rainfall amounts look to exceed an inch, with locally higher amounts possible across the area.

7-Day: The warm weather continues into Thursday, but without rain! Sunny skies Thursday, with a cold front moving through overnight Thursday, cooling us back down for Friday. We return to mild temperatures for the weekend, with another return to the 60s looking likely for Monday.

- Weather Forecaster Lance Huffman

Follow us on Twitter @NLIWeather for breaking weather updates. 

NewsLink Indiana is a proud Ambassador for the NOAA Weather-Ready Nation program. 

For more information about the Weather-Ready Nation program please click HERE