Black Student Association rights panel

Ball State's Black Student Association hosts a rights panel with police officers.

MUNCIE, INDIANA.  — Ball State’s Black Student Association (BSA) hosted a panel with two officers stationed in Muncie Indiana. After asking all desired questions, students will engage in a film about police brutality. 

The BSA holds many activities and events throughout the year for all Ball State students to come. At this event, students had the chance to engage and ask intriguing questions to police officers. 

“This event allows students to open up about a hard topic and spread awareness to it,” Braeden Archie said. 

The Black Student Organizations goal is to give students the chance to grow through their community and to promote unity in the minority community. 

“BSA allows students to look at life through an African American perspective,” VP Sheraun Byrdsong said. 

The association is hosting many events throughout the rest of the school year for student’s to meet new people and experience new opportunities. 

“This month is especially special because it is Black history month, so we fill this whole month up with weekly events for all students to come freely,” Byrdsong said. 

For more information on the Black Student association and what they have to offer, contact bsa@bsu.edu. BSA is spreading the history and future of black voices and making it prominent around this university to be heard. 

Contact Mira Bloomer with comments at mira.bloomer@bsu.edu