February First Thursday Gallery Walk

Gallery Walk presents work of local artists

MUNCIE, Ind.--- With the end of January, Muncie can look forward to a month of beauty and art with the beginning of February. To start the month off right, check out the art of First Thursday. 

First Thursday is an event held on the titular first Thursday of each month. The event shows off the artwork of various local artists. This month will be a gallery walk, showcasing work from artists all across the city, not just Downtown Muncie. 

For the First Thursday of February, the acrylic and tattoo work of Anwar Ruhma Frazier will be presented at Cornerstone Center for the Arts in “the Great Room on the second floor of the building at 520 E. Main Street on February 2, 2023, from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.” according to the First Thursday page on the Downtown Muncie website. 

When viewing Frazier’s work, you will be able to enjoy accompanied music by local musicians. 

The ceramic work of Kimberly Anderson, as well as the paintings of Scott Anderson, will be viewable at Gordy Fine Art and Framing Company, or just down the street from the Cornerstone Center for the Arts. 

“At 6:15 p.m. Scott Anderson will speak about his work,” according to the First Thursday facebook page.

According to the Downtown Muncie page work from artists that aren’t local to Muncie will be able to be seen at the 111 Art Gallery, “111 Arts Gallery will feature Vintage Tattoo Flash from Fort Recovery, Ohio and La Crosse, Wisconsin.” 

“We believe it is important to encourage the creative paths of our artists, we also celebrate the youth who are creative artists in the community,” said Debra Gindhart Dragoo, the event organizer. 

If you have art you would like to share with Muncie, then you are encouraged to contact Dragoo at 765-281-9503 EXT. 150. 

Various other works from artists such as Jennifer "Jennie" Irving will be viewable throughout Muncie. So be sure to check First Thursday’s facebook page to learn where you are able to see her work. 

Contact Chandler Whitted with comments at chandler.whitted@bsu.edu