Halloween Celebration; Hosted by ASU

Ball State's Asian Society Union Organization hosted a Halloween celebration

MUNCIE, Ind. — As one of the many Asian Society Union Organization events, in honor of today being Halloween, they hosted a Halloween celebration. 

This event took place today, Oct. 31, from 6 p.m. - 7 p.m. in the Student Center. This specific event was a one time yearly event in correlation to Halloween. 

At this event they had pumpkins to paint, coloring pages, and candy for  anyone. In addition they hosted a bingo game, but not a regular game of Bingo, to get students up and moving, they had to find another person that wore a specific costume for halloween. They had games of kahoot, icebreakers and a costume contest. 

Parker Clingerman is the president of the Asian Student Union and he shared his point of view on this event.

“...We wanted to find a space where people can have fun. We have candies, some crafts, we’re doing an icebreaker and we’re just trying to have a lot of fun tonight,” Clingerman said.

Amanada Nelson, the Advisor for the Asian Student Union, voiced her opinion on how she saw the event.

“For this event I think it’s been a cool time. We’ve had a good turnout and we’re getting started with some very high energy,” Nelson said. 

Macey Lukas, a Ball State student shared why she came to this specific event. 

“So I'm actually a cosplayer and this is what I do on a daily basis. It brought me out today to do cosplay and it is just something I really really enjoy. I’ve been a part of Asian Student Union and I've been going to it for a while now and I love it”. 

If you missed this event, don’t worry, because the next event will be on Nov. 11, where they’ll host a Thanksgiving dinner. To find out more information on future events, follow them @ballstateasu.

Contact Janese English with comments at janese.english@bsu.edu