Dogs and Donuts

College of Communication, Information, and Media LLC hosts stress relief event

MUNCIE, Ind.-- What is better than furry friends and sweet treats? If you cannot seem to answer this question, then the College of Communication, Information and Media (CCIM) had the perfect event for you!  

On Thursday, Oct. 13, on the back patio of Botsford-Swinford Hall, the Housing and Residence Life and the CCIM Living-Learning Community (LLC) worked together to put on an event called “Dogs and Donuts”.  

“Dogs and Donuts” is one of CCIMs biggest events of the semester! There, students could get to know their teachers and classmates, and the staff members could bring their dogs, all while enjoying some Concannon’s Donuts. 

Garrett Tur helped work the event and believed it was a great icebreaker for students and their professors. 

“It allows students to get outside their comfort zone a little bit and maybe encounter their professors in a way that they hadn’t thought about before. It’s about those connections, the conversations and sort of learning who the professors are in the department,” Tur said.  

Ball State’s CCIM is among the top 15 largest communications programs in the United States. They provide state-of-the-art equipment and lots of opportunities to learn through their award-winning programs. The department offers student-run media, clubs, speech and debate teams, events and so much more.  

If you missed “Dogs and Donuts” this semester, be on the lookout for it next fall semester. Even if you are not a part of the CCIM LLC and still want to attend, you are in luck.  

“It is open to all students who are living on campus,” Tur said. 

For more information regarding “Dogs and Donuts” or the Department of CCIM you can follow the link. 

Contact Lindley Steele with comments at lindley.steele@bsu.edu