Discography Guide: My Chemical Romance

by Katherine Simon The early 2000s was arguably the peak of emo music’s popularity. While the origins of emo date as far back as the mid-1980s; the start of the millennium would be when the genre entered mainstream popularity, and the emo subculture as we know it today would be formed. This was due in part to the success of emo bands like Paramore, All-American Rejects, and arguably the face of the whole emo subculture: My Chemical Romance.  Formed in 2002 by lead singer/songwriter Gerard Way and drummer Matt Pelisser, MCR went on to become one of the most prominent emo bands of the 2000s, and is probably the first thing that comes to mind when one thinks of the genre. If you were an angsty, hormonal teenager like me, chances are you spent a lot of time listening to their music and ended up resonating with their brand of angsty songwriting with surprisingly hopeful and positive messages. With the band recently reunited, I thought it would be a good idea to look back on their discography and see what made them stand out from the crowd.

I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me My Love (2002)

Image from Amazon
I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love I Brought You My Bullets I Brought You My Bullets which was what ended up inspiring him to form MCR I Brought You My Bullets
Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge I Brought You My Bullets

Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge (2004)

Image from Amazon
Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge I Brought You My Bullets, Three Cheers Three Cheers I Brought You My Bullets Three Cheers Three Cheers Three Cheers I Brought You My Bullets Three Cheers I Brought You My Bullets,

The Black Parade (2006)

Image from iHeartRadio
The Black Parade Black Parade Three Cheers Black Parade Black Parade Three Cheers Black Parade

Danger Days: The True Lives of Fabulous Killjoys (2010)

Image from Amazon
Danger Days Danger Days Danger Days Three Cheers The Black Parade Danger Days with Gerard singing the lyrics in Simlish Danger Days Twilight which they were adamantly against The Sims 3 Yo Gabba Gabba Twilight Danger Days Black Parade Three Cheers Danger Days
Sources Genius YouTube MTV Images iHeartRadio Featured Image