Upcoming events for Memorial Day weekend

Events

<p>A boy scout plants a flag May 21, 2019, at the Beech Grove Cemetery. A troop from Boy Scouts of America planted American flags next to the gravestones of military veterans before Memorial Day. <strong>Blake Chapman, DN</strong></p>

A boy scout plants a flag May 21, 2019, at the Beech Grove Cemetery. A troop from Boy Scouts of America planted American flags next to the gravestones of military veterans before Memorial Day. Blake Chapman, DN

Memorial Day weekend is in full swing in the Muncie area. With Memorial Day being May 27, there are plenty of upcoming events in the area for people to enjoy. 

152nd Annual Memorial Day Ceremony at Beech Grove Cemetery 

May 27, 11:00 A.M.

The ceremony's prelude music will begin at 10:45 a.m. Seating will be limited but guests are welcome to bring blankets and chairs. Families in attendance are welcome to continue the tradition of placing small American flags and flower arrangements at the graves of their loved ones. More information can be found on theBeech Grove Cemetery website.

New Castle Memorial Day Parade

May 27,  9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.

The parade will take place in Downtown New Castle. Registration to participate in the parade is free. According to the parade's website, the parade is the Midwest's largest Memorial Day parade. 

Opening of Tuhey Pool

May 25

The pool is scheduled to open on Saturday, May 25. The pool's operating hours are Monday-Saturday 12-7 P.M. and Sunday 12-6 P.M. Pricing varies throughout the day. Information about pricing and information pool attendees will have to provide upon entrance, as well as upcoming events at the pool,  can be found online on the Tuhey Pool Facebook page

Free Dance Time at the Muncie Ballet

May 28, 5:30 P.M. - 7:00 P.M.

Join the Muncie Ballet for free dance time, which includes a dance activity and a ballet craft. Children ages 5 and up can join a dance class from 5:45-6:15. Registration required either online or day of event in person. No experience or dance clothes are required, according to the event listing at Munciecaladnar.com. More information can be found online at MuncieBallet.org

The American Association of University Women (AAUW) Used Book Sale

The sale  will run from 10 A.A. to 2 P.M. on opening day, Saturday, May 25; 10 A.M. to 4 P.M. Tuesday, May 28, through Friday, May 31; and 9 A.M. to noon on Saturday, June 1, according to Munciecalandar.com