Paaige Turner, Dean of the College of Communication, Information, and Media to leave for Aurora University

Dean of communications and media Paaige Turner claps as students stand celebrate graduation May 4 at The Quad. In her role Turner is responsible for 40-plus organizations founded and operated by and for students. Andrew Berger, DN

Paaige Turner, Dean of the College of Communication, Information, and Media at Ball State, will be the new provost and executive vice president for academic affairs at Aurora University, effective July 1, according to a statement from Aurora University. 

“Dr. Turner is an exceptional individual who embodies the enterprising, service-oriented, and creative academic leadership that defines our university,” said Aurora University President Susana Rivera-Mills in a statement. “Throughout her career, she has exhibited commitment and care for the intellectual growth and personal well-being of students. I am confident she will be a dynamic addition to our university community.”

Rivera-Mills was previously the provost and executive vice president for academic affairs at Ball State University before leaving for Aurora in March 2023.

During her time at BSU, Turner oversaw operations and strategic planning for the college, managing more than 80 faculty members, 1,500 students, and more than 40 campus organizations, according to the statement from Aurora University. Turner also helped to launch BSU Esports, launch the university's first Immersive Learning Collaborative and create the inaugural CCIM Alumni Council, amongst other accomplishments, according to her staff page at Ball State.

At the time of publication, no replacement for Turner has been announced.

This brief may be updated to reflect new information as it becomes available. 

Contact the Daily News with comments at editor@bsudailynews.com or on Twitter @bsudailynews.