Family of missing teen Ella Saylor speaks out

MUNCIE, Ind. — 15-year-old Ella Saylor went missing in Muncie on February 3. Over a month later, Muncie Police and Ella’s family are still searching for answers.

“It's been terrible, like, not knowing where she's at,” Ella Saylor’s family said.

Indiana state police issued a statewide silver alert on February 4, the day after she went missing.

Detective Ryan Plummer from the Muncie Police Department has been working on Ella’s case.

“Miss Saylor’s parents contacted the police when they woke up, they found that the front door was unsecured, and that Ella had not been in her bedroom, she had previous runaway attempts,” Plummer said. According to the Saylor family, during her previous run away attempt she was found within 2 to 3 days.

The Saylor family recalled the night before Ella went missing.

“The night before she ran away we had a family member here, it seemed like a regular day, it was a Saturday, we stayed up late, ordered Applebees, put the younger kids to bed. There were no clues that she was going to run away, she just seemed like her normal self. She gave us hugs, we told her we loved her and went to bed around 11 p.m.,” the Saylors' said.

According to the Indiana State Police, she is believed to be in extreme danger and may require medical assistance. The Saylor family told NewsLink Indiana that Ella struggled with mental health issues.

“We want our daughter home, we want her safe, we want her to get the help she needs,” the Saylor family said.

According to a NewsLink Indiana story from September 2020, Saylor had lived in 18 different homes by the time she was 11 years old.

The Saylor family said the best way to help bring Ella home is to share her photos on social media and get her face out there. They have created a Facebook page since her disappearance, which is linked here.

“So far, no clues, no leads, but someone has to know something, so the more people that see her face and are on the lookout for her, the better,” the Saylor family said.

Ella is 5 feet 4 inches tall, 230 pounds, has brown hair, brown eyes and has braces on her teeth. She was last seen wearing a gray hoodie with “Washington D.C.” on the front and black pajama pants with puzzle pieces.

If you know anything about Ella Saylor’s whereabouts or have potential sightings, contact the Muncie Police Department at 765-747-4838 or call 911.

Contact Terra Konieczny with comments at tbkonieczny@bsu.edu