Schmidt-Wilson presents 'Art Bank'

MUNCIE, Ind. (NewsLink Indiana) — This Schmidt-Wilson, Art LLC, was pumping with creativity as students from the Art, Theatre & Dance, and Design Living-Learning Communities came together for a unique event called Art Bank.

The Art Bank gives students the opportunity to donate old art supplies and discover new ones, and it allows all Ball State students to get to know their campus resources. Mel Burris, the Academic Peer Mentor in charge of this event, wanted students to realize the resources they have. 

“Incoming freshmen tend to not know how expensive supplies are going to be for their first year, as well as not really using the supplies after, so we created this event so students can help dispose of these supplies,” Burris said.

Burris highlights that in some art classes, the student is expected to have art supplies already. Art supplies are not the cheapest, so this event helps students that are in those classes and need some extra help. 

“This event helps those who may not be able to afford these supplies gain through their community,” Burris said.

The Art LLC offers many different fun events throughout the rest of the semester. They are doing sketchbook nights for the rest of the year. For more information on events visit bsu.edu/campuslife

Contact Mira Bloomer with comments at mira.bloomer@bsu.edu.