Delaware County results from 2/5-2/10

Delta wrestling poses Feb. 10 after winning the semi-state championship at the Allen County War Memorial Colliseum. Tilmon Clark, photo provided.

Editor’s Note: Any results throughout the week not included were unable to be found or were not shared. Email sports@bsudailynews.com with results or the high school beat reporter, Zach Carter, at zachary.carter@bsu.edu.

Below are highlights and results from the past week’s Delaware County sporting events that those on the Daily News Sports Team were unable to attend. 

Monday (Feb. 5)

No results could be found. 

Tuesday (Feb. 6)

Cowan boys' basketball went on the road against Union city and defeated the Indians 85-74. Senior Mason Kidd notched 25 points to lead the scoring for the Blackhawks.

Muncie Central boys' basketball defeated Pendleton Heights at home 53-48. Senior Brady McNabb led with Bearcats with 15 points.

Wes-Del boys' basketball went on the road for a conference matchup with Shenandoah and fell 40-36. Senior Corben Price led the scoring for Warriors with 14 points.

Wednesday (Feb. 7)

No results could be found. 

Thursday (Feb. 8)

Delta boys' basketball traveled to New Castle and defeated the Trojans 60-45. Seniors Jackson Wors and D'Amare Hood led with 15 and 14 points respectively.

Friday (Feb. 9)

Cowan boys' basketball won their road conference matchup against Randolph Southern 61-54. No stats could be found for the game.

Wes-Del boys' basketball lost their third straight game, falling on the road to Eastbrook 55-51. No stats could be found for the game.

Saturday (Feb. 10)

Yorktown boys' basketball defeated Jay County 69-31 in their lone game of the week. Junior Nate Tyler led the charge for the Tigers with 17 points.

Daleville boys' basketball extended their winning streak to five games with a 78-66 victory over Eastern. Senior Meryck Adams led the Broncos with 25 points, and also became a member of the 1,000 point club at Daleville.

Muncie Central boys' basketball fell to Anderson 64-30. Senior DeMarkis Cole and sophomore Shemar Taylor led the way for the Bearcats with seven points each. 

Delta wrestling won the IHSAA semi-state meet for the first time since 1991. Junior Ayden Bollinger, senior Neal Mosier, and senior Braxton Russel are amongst the six Eagles who will compete at the state finals this weekend. Some other Delaware County wrestlers that will compete in the event are Yorktown senior Cole Stuffel, Cowan sophomore Jackson Bradley, and senior Jayden Jett. 

Delta girl’s swim and dive competed at the IHSAA state finals. The Eagles finished the weekend coming out No. 33 in the 41-team field.