Delaware County results from 1/8-1/13

Burris junior Cole Conaster dribbles Nov. 28 in a game against Frankton at Ball Gym. Zach Carter, DN.

Editor’s Note: Any results throughout the week not included were unable to be found or were not shared. Email sports@bsudailynews.com with results or the high school beat reporter, Zach Carter, at zachary.carter@bsu.edu.

Below are highlights and results from the past week’s Delaware County sporting events that those on the Daily News Sports Team were unable to attend. 

Monday (Jan. 8)

No results could be found. 

Tuesday (Jan. 9)

Muncie Burris girls’ basketball picked up their first win of the season as they defeated Wes-Del 43-36. No stats could be found for the game.

Wednesday (Jan. 10)

No results could be found. 

Thursday (Jan. 11)

Muncie Central girls’ basketball lost to Monroe Central at home 62-29. No stats could be found for the game. 

Delta girls’ swim and dive defeated Pendleton Heights 143-55. The boys’ team fell 109-89. Junior Annie Jackson won the 200 individual medley and the 100 butterfly. Junior Zach Baty won the 200 individual medley and the 500 freestyle.

Friday (Jan. 12)

Muncie Central boys’ basketball fell to Richmond 40-32. Senior Brady McNabb led the Bearcats with 11 points. 

Muncie Burris boys’ basketball fell to University on the road 80-41. No stats could be found for the game. 

Daleville girls' wrestling had two wrestlers compete at the state finals. Freshman Kynlie Keffer finished as the state runner up. 

Saturday (Jan. 13)

Muncie Central girls’ basketball fell to McCutcheon (17-2) 70-23. No stats could be found for the game. 

Muncie Burris boys’ basketball was defeated by Liberty Christian 63-37. No stats could be found for the game.

Muncie Burris girls’ basketball fell to Park Tudor 64-10. No stats could be found for the game. 

The Delta boys’ swim and dive finished in sixth place at the Hoosier-Heritage Conference (HHC) meet. Baty won the 200 individual medley and the 500 freestyle.

Delta wrestling won the HHC meet. Some winners included senior Braxton Russel, senior Neal Mosier, and junior Ayden Bollinger.