David and Christina Arquette visit Ball State University: class sit-ins, Q&A, more

MUNCIE, Ind. - The Edmund F. and Virginia B. Ball Visiting Experts in Residence for Media held a Q&A session Sept. 28 with two very special guests.

Actor David Arquette and his wife Producer Christina Arquette visited students to give them an overall perspective on working in the film industry, what it is like being a journalist and to share insight about one of their new documentary projects.

“We are the first experts in residents here at Ball State University, and it’s been really amazing from the media side to the theater side...to see all of the students and the incredible facilities that are here,” Christina said. 

Students who attended the event were able to ask the Arquettes questions directly. The Arquettes also gave details on the new documentary they are working on featuring Bozo the Clown. 

“I love Bozo the Clown, and it started out we were going to do a film about that, but then it kind of evolved into this story about the world, where it is, the need for happy clowns to sort of brighten things up,” David said. “And also, sort of my relationship with my father and now, you know, my relationship with my kids, so it kind of want to bring a joyful world back for our kids.”

“I admire so much the confidence that all these students have, because I certainly didn’t have that in my twenties,” Christina said, “I just admire how ambitious everybody is, so the questions have been great and we had a really good time.”

After the Q&A session ended, the Arquettes were able to meet one-on-one with the students who attended to sign autographs and take pictures.

Contact Emma Matlock and Masen Trowbridge with any questions at emma.matlock@bsu.edu or masen.trowbridge@bsu.edu.