Muncie celebrated all things Bob Ross at this year's Happy Little Fest

<p>Some of the items made in Bob Ross&#x27; likeness featured at the Bob Ross Experience, an interactive museum on Minnetrista&#x27;s campus. Ross continues to be popular nearly 26 years after his death, which is why Minnestrista created the museum. <strong>Sam Shipe, DN</strong></p>

Some of the items made in Bob Ross' likeness featured at the Bob Ross Experience, an interactive museum on Minnetrista's campus. Ross continues to be popular nearly 26 years after his death, which is why Minnestrista created the museum. Sam Shipe, DN

MUNCIE, Ind.--- Muncie residents unleashed their inner artist at Happy Little Fest on Oct. 1 in honor of Bob Ross.

This event is held every year and continues to be a fan favorite for the Muncie community. Bob Ross was an inspiration to one of the participants of the “Paint Like Bob Ross Workshop.”

“I’ve been watching [Bob Ross] for 35 years and this is a big opportunity… I just love him! He’s so calm, and he’s so artistic!”

Another attendee of the Happy Little Fest expressed how Ross was an inspiration to him.

“He makes painting a fun and easy thing for just a normal person to do. That’s how I started painting like him, just from watching his show and he makes it easy to follow along.”

The Happy Little Fest included events such as “See Where Bob Painted,” “Happy Little Games,” “Bob Ross for Kids Painting Workshop” and the main event, “Paint Like Bob Ross Workshop.” There were a variety of things to do for kids and adults.

Phil Hoffman, General Manager of the Department of Media explained why this event is held every year.

“So, in a way, to honor [Bob Ross] and honor his legacy but also to encourage people to express themselves creatively. We think this is a great event to get people in touch with being able to be a painter even though you don’t think you can.”

The “Paint Like Bob Ross Workshop” was hosted by Chris Taylor, a certified Bob Ross instructor who studied under Ross.

“I actually knew Bob. Bob and I were friends when I was much younger,” Taylor mentioned. “We painted together, and he was my instructor. He was a mentor to me.”

Contact Erin Shupperd with comments at erin.shupperd@bsu.edu.