Intramural Flag Football begins

MUNCIE, INDIANA.--- Finally, warm weather. And with warm weather comes Ball State’s intramural flag football league. Intramural sports at Ball State is the perfect way for students who may not be student athletes to stay active and continue to strive for healthy competition.

“I’m not nervous to do this interview, I’m actually nervous because I’m about to play,” Sophomore Dakota Atwood said.

The games have started and the players are feeling the excitement of playing on such a memorable field, such as Scheumann stadium. 

“I mean, some big moments have happened out here,” Atwood said. “Just to be able to play on a field that NFL players have played on is really cool. 

“It’s a little bit of a taste of what it’s kind of like to be a division one football player,” Junior Jacob Valentine said. “Growing up, that was kind of a dream of mine, so to be able to do that here at the college that I go to is really exciting.” 

Fulfilling dreams and chasing championships is well within the possibilities of this league. It may not be division one football, but to the players, this league still means something. 

“The chance to win an intramural championship, I think you get a T-shirt at the end, I’d be wearing that thing all the time,” Valentine said. “It’d be awesome to have a championship.” 

This Monday will kick off the playoffs for the league and next Monday will be the championship. If you are a Ball State student, or live in the Muncie area, admission is free, so make sure to check out the games at Scheumann Stadium. 

Contact Dylan Selke with comments at dylan.selke@bsu.edu