Elevate your future by earning your next degree at Ball State

Choose from 100+ graduate programs to reach your goals

After you proudly receive your diploma and move the tassel on your graduation cap, the big question on your mind may be, “What’s next?” 

Ball State University’s Graduate School has more than 100 possible answers, including world-class master’s, doctoral, and specialist degree programs and advanced certificates in a wide variety of high-demand fields. Many programs are ranked among the nation’s best.

As a graduate student at Ball State, you’ll continue to benefit from amazing resources, exceptional support, and collaborative learning opportunities. Student-centered faculty will treat you as a learning partner and empower you to excel.

Hands-on Experiences

Professional, clinical, and research experiences in your area of study give you access to state-of-the-art facilities and equipment on campus. For example, students in athletic training and related kinesiology programs use advanced labs to study and practice assessment, treatment, rehabilitation, and exercise training with actual patients.

Graduate Kyleigh Johnson said the athletic training program “taught me how to evaluate injuries, perform therapeutic interventions, execute rehabilitations, document correctly, and so much more. This, along with immersive clinicals, gave me experience with a vast range of injuries and patients.”

Ball State’s Center for Information and Communication Sciences (CICS) provides its graduate students practical research experience through the Applied Research Institute. Dedicated labs focus on wired and wireless networking, design thinking, digital applications, innovation prototyping and testing, and user experience.

Immersive Learning

Unique immersive learning projects allow you to work collaboratively with peers to solve a problem for an actual client or community. You’ll gain real-world experience, valuable skills, and career connections. One recent graduate of the master of public administration program helped the city of Muncie develop policy recommendations to mitigate issues caused by abandoned housing.

“I wanted a degree that would set me apart from other nonprofit professionals while also challenging me to think about the larger role the public service sector plays in society,” said Carly Acree-King, MPA ’17. “I enhanced my classroom work with real-world experience inspired by accomplished faculty and innovative projects.”

Supportive Resources

No matter which degree or certificate program fits your interests, Ball State provides supportive resources to help you succeed. Graduate students thrive with personalized advising and degree planning, research funding opportunities, wellness strategies, and inclusive mentoring. 

Flexible course options let you decide how to take your classes—on campus, online, or a combination of both. You’ll gain a high-quality graduate education that meets your schedule.

Discover everything Ball State’s Graduate School can offer you at bsu.edu/discovergradschool and apply for a program today!