Dubois named Miller College of Business Bryan Dean

New Bryan Dean of the Miller College of Business Cathy DeBois. DuBois previously held both faculty and administrative positions at Kent State including her current position as the Ambassador Crawford College of Business and Entrepreneurship associate dean of graduate and online programs. She will begin her tenure July 1. Ball State University, photo courtesy

After a five-month process that began in early October, the Miller College of Business has found its next academic leader in Cathy Dubois, University President Geoffrey S. Mearns announced in an email March 28.

DuBois, who previously served at Kent State University's Ambassador Crawford College of Business and Entrepreneurship since 1992. She held multiple positions in both faculty and administrative roles and is currently the college's dean of graduate and online programs, a position she has held since 2018.

"Dr. DuBois is passionately committed to undergraduate education and student success," Mearns said in the email. "At Kent State, she was also involved in developing innovative graduate and online programs, with a focus on alternative credentials. Her strengths in this area align with our University’s own strategic goals. I am confident she will extend the legacy of our Miller College into the 21st century by developing more dynamic, innovative pedagogies and delivery mechanisms that align with the needs of our current and future students."

DuBois' appointment will begin July 1, with outgoing dean Stephen Ferris leaving his position at the end of the spring semester. Ferris has held the position since 2020.

"I am grateful to Dr. Stephen Ferris for his service as dean of the college," Mearns said. "I am also grateful to the members of the search committee for generating an outstanding pool of qualified candidates for this position."

Contact the Daily News with comments at editor@bsudailynews.com or on Twitter @bsudailynews.