Applications open for College Mentors for Kids

The rolling applications are accepted all semester long.

MUNCIE, Ind.-- Ball State's chapter of College Mentors for Kids is now accepting rolling applications to become a mentor. 

The program, known nation-wide, is meant to serve local elementary students with the help of college students who are looking to learn more about working with children. Although the program is open to students of all majors, most tend to be education majors. 

President Paige Litkenhous, a sophomore, has been thankful for the experience she has received through the program. 

"Just seeing the kids come on campus everyday...they get so excited and so happy to be with the mentors," Litkenhous said. 

The mentorship is a one-on-one program that benefits students in the classroom. College mentors are able to work with elementary students on projects, fundraisers and more. For these events, all hands are on deck.

"We have close to 120 little buddies that come to campus every week," Litkenhous said. 

Litkenhous encourages anyone looking to work with children to take up this opportunity for in-field experience and professional connections. 

"It's super fulfilling and a great experience," Litkenhous said. 

Applications are available on the College Mentors for Kids website. More information about Ball State's chapter can be found on the university's website. 

Contact Grace Bentkowski with comments at gmbentkowski@bsu.edu