Halloween: Celestial Origins Planetarium Show

Charles W. Brown Planetarium hosts special Halloween show

MUNCIE, Ind. -- Halloween night is just around the corner and events are popping up all around campus. Are you curious about what this year’s Halloween will look like? If so, starting Sept. 30 at 6:30 p.m., one partnership on campus is giving you the opportunity to see what planets, constellations and stars will be shining bright for your Halloween night. 

The show is being produced by the Institute for Digital Intermedia Arts and hosted by the Charles W. Brown Planetarium. It will take place at the planetarium in the Cooper Science building.  

The planetarium’s show specialist, Melanie Isenbarger, wants to provide the audience with an entertaining show while teaching them more about the holiday. 

“The show itself is going to dive into the origins of Halloween as a holiday and how it relates to the seasons as a cross-quarter day,” Isenbarger said.  

On top of the show itself, Isenbarger plans to host a couple of extra activities leading up to the event.  

“We will be having a boo bubbles activity, so we will be talking a little bit about dry ice before the show,” Isenbarger said. 

The run time is approximately 50 minutes, including a live sky tour. It will be free of cost and doors will open 30 minutes before the start of the show. 

“We do recommend arriving a little early, as seating is first come first serve,” Isenbarger said. 

If you are unable to attend the event on the first two nights, there will be shows Oct.7- 8 and 28-29.  

For more information about the Halloween: Celestial Origins Planetarium Show, you can visit https://www.bsu.edu/web/planetarium

Contact Lindley Steele with comments at lindley.steele@bsu.edu